CASTROL GTX CLASSIC
CASTROL® GTX® CLASSIC IS A HIGH-PERFORMANCE ENGINE OIL FORMULATED FOR CLASSIC/COLLECTOR CARS, MUSCLE CARS, HOT RODS AND RACE CARS.
Castrol® GTX® Classic is a high performance formula for push-rod, flat tappet engines and performance cam applications. It’s blended with high zinc and phosphorus content to help prevent premature aging, wear and metal fatigue on engines with high tension valve springs or performance modifications that create high contact pressure and extreme internal temperatures.
WHY IS HIGH ZINC (ZDDP) IMPORTANT FOR THESE ENGINE TYPES?
ZDDP anti-wear additives are heat activated, so they provide wear protection in areas of increased friction and stress. When engine parts move during operation, the sliding or rolling motion takes place on top of or within the ZDDP anti-wear film, which reduces the metal to metal contact. This protection is especially important in engines with flat tappet camshafts or engines modified to increase horsepower.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Specialized additives containing high Zinc and Phosphorus for extreme wear protection
- Formulated to maintain tough and thick oil film even under severe conditions
- Minimal foaming and high resistance to thermal degradation
- Compatible with gasoline and alcohol-based fuels
- Suitable for use in automotive gasoline engines where the manufacturer recommends an API SJ or earlier specification 20W-50 lubricant*
*Not for use in modern engines with catalytic converters or wet clutch applications
Click here for available weights, formats and characteristics.
QUESTIONS? Call 1 800 268 5339